Southland Data Breach Settlement
If you received notice from Southland Holdings LLC that your personal information was potentially compromised in the Data Breach disclosed in April 2022, you could get a payment from a class action settlement.
A Texas court has authorized the Notice. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.
Please read the Notice carefully and completely, your legal rights are affected whether you act or don’t act.
THE NOTICE MAY AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
• A Settlement has been proposed in a class action lawsuit against Southland Holdings LLC. (“Southland” or “Defendant”). The Settlement resolves claims brought by employees and former employees impacted by the data incident in September 2021 and resulting in the potential compromise of employees’ Personal Identifying Information (“PII”) (the “Data Breach”).
• You may be eligible to claim 30 months of credit monitoring; or
• You also be eligible to receive a cash payment of $35.00 in lieu of the credit monitoring; or
• You may be eligible to claim cash compensation (up to $250.00) for Personal Information misused for fraudulent loan application(s), fraudulent credit card application(s), denial of funding due to flagged credit, or identity theft/fraudulent tax returns.
• To receive a payment, you must complete and submit a Claim Form.
• Please read the Notice carefully. Your legal rights will be affected, and you have a choice to make now.
|Summary of Your Legal Rights and Options
|SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM
|The only way to get a payment or credit monitoring.
|Online or Postmarked by April 22, 2024.
|EXCLUDE YOURSELF BY OPTING OUT
|Get no payment. Keep your right to file your own lawsuit against Southland for the same claims resolved by this Settlement.
|Postmarked by March 22, 2024.
|OBJECT TO THE SETTLEMENT AND/OR ATTEND A HEARING
|Tell the Court the reasons why you do not believe the Settlement should be approved. You can also ask to speak to the Court at the hearing on May 9, 2024, at 9:00 a.m., about the fairness of the Settlement, with or without your own attorney.
|Received by March 22, 2024.
|Get no payment and be bound by the terms of the Settlement.
• These rights and options—and the deadlines to exercise them—are explained in the Notice.
• The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to approve the Settlement. Payments will be made if the Court approves the Settlement after any appeals are resolved.